Friday, November 6, 2009

Magic Number


I used to think 4 will be my magic number

That magic number had always been 3
Because I was one of 3 sisters
And that was my world
Two sisters to rely on
And fight with
Until I lost my oldest sister 8 years ago
And suddenly
2 seemed such a lonely number
Just me and one more sister
On the other side of the Pacific Ocean
And just like people long ago
I felt the fear
And faced a reality
That nothing in life is certain

And my magic number turned 4
Instead 3
But something changed
After a devastating loss
And loneliness

I felt sense of power
That even with the unbelievable loss
I am still here
And I knew I can survive anything

Even with the temptation of doing one more kid's room :)
I know
My journey will be with those 3 children
3 children who argue, cry and laugh together
Just like me and my sisters

Life is not perfect :(
But happiness is all around
Sometimes it likes to hide
But we just have to keep on looking :)

Happy Friday!!!
And wish you a VERY happy weekend :)



(images from Cookie Magazine)




1 comment:

  1. HALLO!

    I like your writing today about magic numbers..mine will be 4..i have four lovley children who brings a lot of joy in my life.. :)

    Have a nice weekend!

    Love Sanne!!

    ReplyDelete